Monday, February 15, 2010

The big 1

This weekend my beautiful cousin, Miss A, turned one. Such a big girl!! Hubby, Little Girl and I were lucky enough to join in the festivities, which meant seeing family members we simply do not see often enough. It was also great fun to see Little Girl and Miss A play together. They are only 3 1/2 months apart, and we all hope that they will get to be close not just as cousins, but as friends. Because it was her birthday, I had to have something for Miss A, and, knowing me, you know it had to be something home made. I was tempted to make a tagged lovie, but I thought that, at one, she might be a little old to be starting with something like that. Instead, I found some pretty fabrics in my stash and made her a pillow. She's a big girl now, she can soon start using a pillow in her bed. I loved the rainbow print, and wanted this to be something soft and comforting. I also wanted it to be something which was simultaneously age appropriate for a one year old, and not too babyish, so she might want to keep it around for a while.


I am still working on the closing stitch for making pillows and the like, but I think it came out nicely. It is a good size for a little girl, and would also work as a throw pillow or something decorative. And, if nothing else, it can be used for dolls to rest their heads on!

And, of course, I made one for Little Girl, also... Mustn't let her feel left out!

No comments:

Post a Comment